Care and Support Assistant
Location: Colchester and Surrounding Areas
Salary: £10.90 per hour plus Paid Mileage
Contract Type- Permanent, Full time
Expiry Date: Tuesday 7th February 2023
About the role
It is essential for this role that you have a Full UK driving license and a vehicle
They do not hold a visa sponsorship license therefore, applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK, and/or require a visa sponsorship to continue working in the UK, cannot be considered for this role.
They are now recruiting for Care and Support Assistants to join them covering the North of Essex. Whether you are new to care or an experienced carer they would welcome you into their award-winning team. They offer full ongoing training. In this role you will be making a difference to people’s lives daily and go home with that job satisfaction!
They are not just care…They are the rapid response service with an Outstanding CQC rating! Their CQC “outstanding” rating has been achieved partly because their staff are involved in how they shape their services every step of the way.
They provide care and support to people on a short-term basis to prevent them from going into hospital or to support them when they are discharged from hospital. They also provide short term support for people waiting for a longer-term care package to be put in place.
They work alongside health partners at Colchester Hospital and within the local community plus social care to provide short term support to people in the Colchester and Tendring areas e.g. Wivenhoe, Elmstead Market, Mersea, Great Bentley, St Osyth, Frinton.
Main Purpose of Job:
- Helping customers in your local communities with their home care needs. Encouraging independence and supporting them to thrive with care tailored to their own specific needs.
- Provide person centred care to their customers, helping them with their medication, personal care, moving and handling and promoting independence.
- Have conversations with their customers to make a service that makes a difference to their lives
- Record the support provided and your interactions with their customers at each visit
- Work with the customers, family members, friends and other professionals as and when appropriate to ensure that their goals are being met and they are happy with the support they provide
- Participate in their amazing training programme to ensure that they all provide safe, effective and caring services to their customers
For the above post you will need to have the following:
- Full, UK license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent social skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Passion about meeting a person’s needs in a way that they want them to be met
- Basic IT skills, use of email and to be able to update activity on their care app
- Once you have joined them and have become part of their amazing team, you’ll benefit from the following:
25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday (bank holidays worked are paid double time) (holidays are pro rata for working part time hours)
- Option to buy 5 days extra annual leave
- Contributory pension
- Real living wage employer
- Life Assurance
- Bupa Healthcare
- Free Employee Assistance programme
- Full shift pay – this includes travel / wait time
- Paid mileage (35p per mile)
- External Blue Light Card discounts that you can get access to
- Perkbox discounts
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- They pay for your initial and ongoing DBS checks
- Free Uniform, PPE and mobile phone provided
A comprehensive induction programme, including the care certificate if you do not already hold it.
Ongoing funded training to support you in your role as well as personal development to specialise in your chosen area of care and support.
They have a 2-week rolling rota. Shifts are made up of 7am – 3pm and 3pm – 11pm and every other weekend. Flexible working days available.
Winner Of the Home Care Employer Award 2022-SouthEast
“Person centred support is at the heart of this organisation. Their ethos of valuing staff has led to a highly motivated and dedicated team who work tirelessly to ensure the people they support can live their best lives”.
Ranked No. 37 in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not for Profit Companies, working for them is a lifestyle, not just a job. As a multi award winning Housing Association, they’ve been creating somewhere to feel at home for their team and their customers for 25 years. Whether working in Development & Regeneration, Operations, Construction (Nu Living), Care or Central Services, you can be sure that they will provide you with a home from home whatever job you do there. They are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.networxrecruitment.com.