Caretaker / Estate Services Officer – Forest Gate
Location: Forest Gate
Salary: £23,000 – £25,500
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Expiry Date: Monday 28 November 2022
About the role
Our client are currently recruiting for an Estate Services Officer to join their busy energetic team. The role will cover the Forest Gate area. Please note – You will require a Full UK Driving License for this position.
Their Estates Services team look after all of their Housing Estates, keeping the areas safe and clean for their residents. It is their Officers responsibility to monitor and perform the maintenance and cleaning tasks within their sites. This includes but is not limited to;
Key responsibilities will include:
- Sweeping and/or washing of all communal staircases, foyers, balconies, passages, courtyards, car parks, hard standing areas, chute chamber rooms and refuse storage rooms.
- Cleaning and/or washing of lift car floors and walls, lamp shades and diffusers, estate signs, estate furniture and other such communal fixtures and fittings as may be prescribed.
- Remove any extraneous matter, including sharps and other drug related materials, dog waste etc. from all areas of the estate in accordance with agreed schedules, frequencies and methods, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Remove and cleanly dispose of any overspill in refuse container storage rooms
- Check refuse chutes and unblock if possible, and if not possible report blockage.
- Empty and clean estate litter bins and other waste receptacles.
- Remove treated weeds and other plant material as required from hard standing areas.
- Identify and report any health and safety issues and repairs.
- Identify improvements to public realm areas, working closely with Neighbourhood Officers.
- Bulk rubbish removal.
For the above post you will:
- Be confident carrying out daily cleaning and caretaking tasks
- Have excellent communication skills enabling you to communicate effectively with residents and other colleagues
- Ideally you will have previous experience working within a cleaning or caretaking role
- You must have a full UK Driving License
- IT literate including, Word, Excel and teams
What do they offer in return?
- They offer a fantastic benefits package including;
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Performance bonus
- BUPA Private Healthcare
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays, PLUS 3 days at Christmas),
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
They are looking to interview as soon as possible APPLY TODAY!
They reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Ranked No. 37 in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not for Profit Companies, working for our client is a lifestyle, not just a job. As a multi award winning Housing Association, they’ve been creating somewhere to feel at home for their team and their customers for 25 years. Whether working in Development & Regeneration, Operations, Construction (Nu Living), Care or Central Services, you can be sure that they will provide you with a home from home whatever job you do here. They are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.networxrecruitment.com.