Website magic42 Limited
Are you an Experienced Magento 2 Developer with an obsession for technology? Are you looking for a challenge and a role that will advance, push and build upon your skills within a team that will support, empower and help you grow and learn, then CLICK APPLY!
Powered by Retail Success and well established in Birmingham, magic42 excels in delivering web solutions and software applications. We take pride in our commitment to innovation, quality and client satisfaction so our team is at the forefront of technology.
Don’t take our word we’re magic, just check out our Google Customer and GlassDoor reviews!
Our culture revolves around our people. We are fully committed to the continuous development of our team members. We invest in official qualifications, in-house and external training, and mentoring programmes. We build bespoke personal development and learning plans and much, much more. We even have a half day per week that is dedicated to learning!
About the role:
We are looking for a seasoned Magento 2 Developer who is proficient in creating and maintaining Magento-based e-commerce websites. As an integral part of our development team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and optimization of Magento 2 websites to ensure they meet our clients’ business objectives. You will work closely with our project managers, designers, and other developers to deliver high-quality solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, customise, and maintain Magento 2 websites to meet client requirements.
- Collaborate with designers to implement responsive and user-friendly web designs.
- Integrate third-party extensions and plugins to enhance website functionality.
- Optimise website performance, including page load times and server response.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues to ensure the websites are error-free and secure.
- Perform regular updates and maintenance of Magento 2 installations.
- Develop and maintain custom modules and extensions when necessary.
- Ensure the websites are compliant with best practices in SEO and security.
- Stay up to date with the latest Magento 2 updates, trends, and best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior developers when needed.
- Assist in estimating project timelines and technical requirements
About YOU and your background:
- You have been in a Magento 2 development role for a while and take pride in the code you write (3 years+)
- You have a progressive mindset when you work with tech and people
- You enjoy being a mentor and help upskill more junior developers
- You are a self-starter who is happy to create the vision, own the delivery and get code shipped
- You have the ability to work quickly and flexibly, while making good technical decisions
- You are a natural collaborator who enjoys working with the internal team but also speaking with clients to clarify technical issues
- You are willing to embrace all aspects of working in a growing business from strategic thinking to creating processes and instigating best practices
- You have a respectable academic qualifications – A levels or equivalent or University Degree (BSc or Masters) in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Skills and Experience
- Solid experience of writing quality, readable, maintainable and scalable code
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining Magento 2 eCommerce websites
- Full proficiency in PHP and related technologies (MySQL, Linux CLI, Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Excellent problem- solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with version control systems ( preferably Git)
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
Desirable Skills (Keen interest in learning and developing in this space)
- eCommerce knowledge and experience
- Agency experience and any Magento 2 certifications are a plus
- Linux systems admin exposure or experience / infrastructure / DevOps experience
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and processes
- Experience in web security
Currently we all work remotely however we have regular team meetups a few times a month. These include team collaboration days, work hacks and social outings. Working together and spending time with each other is important to all of us, so in the future we will keep being partially office based.
- Hybrid working
- Latest tech and all the Software Tools you’ll need to excel
- 33 days holiday with the ability to buy up to 5 more days and additional leave for length of service
- Dedicated learning time within the working week
- Personal and professional development, official qualifications and certifications
- Clear career progression paths and access to online courses and learning platforms
- Life insurance and pension (up to 6%)
- Yearly hackathons and bi-weekly workshops
- Regular team outings and social meet ups (every month!)
- Access to wellness applications
Join Our Team:
We’d love to see a portfolio or examples of previous work demonstrating your expertise in Magento 2.
Please click the link to apply or send your resume and examples of your work to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.